DENTAL EMERGENCY PROCEDURES
If you are experiencing a dental emergency of PAIN, BLEEDING, SWELLING or a situation that effects the front teeth, please contact our office at (440) 892-8008.
*If it is after office hours, the message will direct you to Dr. Murphy's cell phone number
for emergency contact.
TOOTH EMERGENCY SUGGESTIONS
If a tooth is knocked completely out of its socket, there are steps that can be taken to promote the possibility of successfully returning it to the mouth:
- Teeth that are knocked out will survive best if they are kept moist and not allowed to dry more than an hour
- Place tooth in transport media (such as locking plastic bag) in milk, saline solution or saliva.
- Contact Dr. Murphy at (440)892-8008
* For future use: Add powdered milk or salt and clean bottled water to your Emergency Kit. This can help in the availability of milk or saline solution. Add 1 teaspoon of powdered milk to 4 ounces of water or 1/2 teaspoon of salt to 8 ounces of water.
If the tooth is still connected to the socket:
· Keep the area clean
· Contact Dr. Murphy at (440)892-8008 as soon as possible